Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wayback Whensday:
Old Kids on the Block?

Remember when a group of teenage bad boys called New Kids on the Block were all the rage? I must have been slow on the draw when it came to "those" feelings; while my friends were showing Barbie a good time with their Donnie dolls (you know who you are), I was pretending to breastfeed plastic baby dolls. Boys were icky, and that included Jordan, Joey, Donnie, Dannie, and Jon.

Aren't these guys responsible for the wave of boy bands to follow: Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, N 'Sync, etc.? Thankfully the trend seems to be dying out, but not for long. Just this week the New Kids on the Block announced their impending return to the music world. And just in case you were wondering, yes, they have a new single. I'm sure it's poised to melt the hearts of all us late-twenty-somethings.

If you head over to the band's website, you'll be asked the question, "Are You Ready?" I don't know, ladies, are we?

3 comments:

Mandy♥ said...

I could hardly contain my laughter at work when I read, "I was pretending to breastfeed plastic baby dolls." Ha! Donnie did quite well with the ladies, while Danny was never anyone's favorite, even Barbie hated him.
At least Danny is still "alive" and well in my mom's attic. Poor Donnie got involved in an accident with Rover, our dog at the time. We still played with Donnie though....he was just going through a plastic surgery struggle.

Girlfriend said...

I heard about this today on some dirty, no good, "celebrity news" show. I blame my watching of this show on my cold.
I loved NKOTB. I had a sleeping bag with their faces plastered on it. For Christmas a few years back Ryan gave me New Kids sheets. We should have a toga party so I can show off my outstanding garment.

Mandy♥ said...

I have that sleeping bag too! :) Not sure if it's still around though. I have an old t-shirt I can wear! I'll bring the dolls. Haha.