Friday, February 1, 2008

First Listen Friday:
Ghostland Observatory, The Cave Singers, and Yes, VW

This is Femme Fatale, filling in Backdrifter's rough draft of a post. Last night Backdrifter said, "I have this perfect idea for an intro paragraph." It was intended to go something like this...

The Cave Singers live (and sing) in caves, and so do bats, which become vampires, which go on a Vampire Weekend from time to time, perhaps at the Ghostland Observatory? Plus he's right, that G.O. keyboardist totally looks like a blood-sucker.

Enough f*ing around. Just listen to the songs. Please?


Ghostland Observatory - "Heavy Heart"

Backdrifter says, "These guys are apparently nuts in concert. Look at them though, they'd have to be. Is that guy on the left a vampire?"


The Cave Singers - "Seeds of the Night"

Backdrifter says, "This is an older one from a member of the now defunct Pretty Girls Make Graves." Femme Fatale says, "I dig it."


Vampire Weekend - "The Kids Don't Stand a Chance"

Backdrifter had been groovin on this tune this week; concurrently SonicRyan was cooking up a brutal review of the band's debut LP. We'll let you decide for yourselves. Would you take them out for the weekend, or shove them back in the casket?

Backdrifter says, "It kinda sounds like reggae -- well, minus the orchestration."



1 comment:

Mandy♥ said...

I dig me some Ghostland Observatory. :) I kind of don't mind this Vampire Weekend. I tried to listen to them awhile back and I wasn't sure if I liked it. But I could listen to this in the summer, cruising down to the lake, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.