Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Featured Concert of the Week

Architecture In Helsinki w/ Glass Candy
Architecture in Helsinki made a splash with 2005's In Case We Die, an album that is best described as pop music for the indie kids that suffer from a severe case of Attention Deficit Disorder. The band's latest album, Places Like This, released last month, sees the band taking a more focused direction, but I can only assume that anything is possible when this band takes the stage.

However, let me be the first to warn you of a possible upstaging that may occur. Let me be clear that I've never seen Architecture in Helsinki live, so I have no idea what they will bring to the table. I have seen Glass Candy twice though, and I know for a fact that they will be bringing their A game. Whether they're playing fuzzed out disco (check out "Beatific", which you can stream/download from their MySpace page) or aping club favorites of yore (think Blondie's "Rapture" minus the rapping, or Indeep's "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life"), Glass Candy will surly have the the Bottleneck's floor bouncing. Though the weather will be cool outside, I highly recommend dressing light 'cause Glass Candy's gonna make you sweat. You've been warned.

Download:
Glass Candy - "Rolling Down the Hills (Spring Demo)
(From the After Dark compilation)

Architecture in Helsinki - "The Cemetery"
(From the In Case We Die LP)

Check Out:
Our Review of Places Like This

Want to know who else is coming to the Midwest? Click here.

1 comment:

Femme Fatale said...

I have high expectations for a raucous good time. Gotta check out Glass Candy this week.