Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Gone YouTubin'

Yo, I might not be posting for a few days on account of me not having a computer handy to post from, so here's a few YouTube gems to keep you occupied while I'm away. Oh, and go Hawks!

Grizzly Bear - "The Knife"


This video was apparently filmed while they were walking the streets of France. I'm not sure if it was planned or not, but since there are no instruments handy they do a really cool a capella version. They look a little embarrassed at times to be seen doing so on a public street. It makes me wonder how it would sound if they were in a space more comfortable to them. I'm sure it would be fantastic.

TV on the Radio - "Dreams"


This looks to have been shot by someone affiliated with the band, as its angle is directly from the side of the stage. TV on the Radio has this vid on their MySpace page, so if its old news to you then I apologize. This was filmed while on tour with Nine Inch Nails and Bauhaus. Say what you will about either of those two bands, but getting the opportunity to open for them had to have been a great experience, even if the audiences were either sparse or not interested. I must say, Mr. Murphy and Mr. Reznor don't sound too bad on this song.

Akron/Family - "Awake"


This video was shot in Minneapolis at a little record store called Treehouse Records. I've been there, its tiny. It would be like playing at Kief's in Lawrence. This performance gave me goosebumps when I first heard it.

Califone - "Three Legged Animals"


A live video, and a fairly good one. Where the video is lacking in picture, it more than makes up for it in sound quality.

Neutral Milk Hotel - "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" & "Two Headed Boy"




Not one, but two Neutral Milk Hotel songs to get you all nice and depressed. Both of these videos are have fantastic sound quality. The first is from Jeff Mangum's solo show at Jittery Joe's that was later made into an album/video, and the second is apparently from New Year's Eve 1998, though I'm not sure how accurate that is. Both are just beautiful.

No comments: