Friday, December 14, 2007

Have You Heard?
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - "Baltimore"



"Baltimore" (Streaming)


Matablog, the official Matador Records blog, has posted a track from Stephen Malkmus' forthcoming LP Real Emotional Trash. So far "Baltimore" reminds me of "Witch Mountain Bridge": Six and a half minutes long. Jammy guitar solo. Kinda gritty. Badass.

Trash is due out in March, and if this track is any indication, it ain't no trash. Lest I remind everyone that ex-Sleater Kinney drummer Janet Weiss is along for her first SM&J tryst? In a recent P4K interview, Malkmus said the following about the Jicks gelling as a "real band":

I mean there's some strong personalities, there always was, but Janet Weiss is in the group now, and she's not going to take any lip from anybody. She likes her thing the way she likes it, and she likes her drums loud.

No lip from anybody? Not even from Mr. Malkmus himself? I admit I'm interested to see what a little SK ass-kicking might do to an already rockin Malkmus album.

1 comment:

SonicRyan said...

I'm so ready for a new SM&J album.